Tuesday, March 15, 2011

No Words From Me

I have very few words to describe this.


This is so crazy.... Haddy wants to learn Spanish. He has been studying the written form independently. He just does this kind of thing. 


He wants to help Stelly with her homework and realizes some of it is spoken. They are so close but do not share this one language. She is in Spanish immersion. He finds an app on his phone that translates his text to spoken Spanish..I am sitting here resisting the urge to go down and help them. I don't need to....


I really don't need to....

1 comment:

  1. Not so crazy, actually. Learning a language visually adds dimension to what one already knows about English...the look of it, the spelling, even how it is said differently, an idea of how accents are formed.

    I've dabbled in a few and find that there are similar words in many different languages...even Greek or Russian, when switching alphabets often immediately reveals meaning.

    ReplyDelete